This Blast Off! lesson plan also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
With the use of a model rocket kit, aspiring aerospace engineers work cooperatively to construct and launch a rocket. A preparatory reading assignment is included, covering Newton's laws of motion and information about the first commercial spaceships, launched in 2011 and 2012. While your class can build and launch a rocket without this lesson, the reading and the reflection questions make it a valuable addition for your high school STEM or physical science classes.
- Thoughtful reflection questions provide an opportunity to process what was learned from the experience
- A strong support for Common Core State Standards in reading informational text and scientific literacy
- Meet Next Generation Science Standards in engineering and technology with this lesson
- You will need to purchase rocket building kits, but recommendations are made within the list of materials