This Biotechnology: Crash Course History of Science #40 instructional video also includes:
Biotechnology is a relatively new science, but the history of the science that made it possible goes back to the early 1900s. Take a tour through the history of scientific research that led to the possibility of biotechnology. The lesson instructor explains the history of DNA discoveries and how those discoveries led to modern biotechnology techniques.
- Have learners create a pros and cons list of the use of biotechnology
- Ask learners to record three facts and three questions while viewing the video to use during a class discussion
- Expects pupils to have background knowledge of the structure of DNA
- 40th episode in a larger History of Science video series.
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Gives a thorough review of pertinent research
- Includes an option of subtitles to support new vocabulary