This Biomimicry in Engineering lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Take a look with your class at how nature supplies inspiration to engineers. In cooperative groups, youngsters research biomimicry and then develop a system that would help support people living on the moon. Each team also considers patent rights and presents their design to their peers. Elementary school engineers will be meeting Next Generation Science Standards as they work on this project.
- Meets Next Generation Science Standards for engineering
- Fosters teamwork, discussion, and critical thinking
- Can be used with middle schoolers to address Common Core standards for scientific literacy
- Would be even more memorable if followed by an art project involving biomimicry