Life is everywhere in many different forms, and biology is the study of life. From marine biologists to plant biologists to microbiologists, there are many types of careers in the field of biology. Discover a living world of science with a video that breaks down the study of biology and what biologists do in their field.
- Create a vocabulary or note-taking sheet that learners complete as they watch the video
- Have pairs look up famous biologists, conduct research on their lives and studies, and incorporate into a biography study
- Research types of scientists not mentioned in the video such as ecologists, biologists, paleontologists, meteorologists, chemists, etc.
- Best suited for an upper elementary science classroom or an introduction to biology
- Use the closed captioning setting to support the content being presented
- Part of a series of videos on living things
- Real-world images help convey the concepts being presented
- Video sparks interest in the study of biology
- The instrcutor delivers the information very quickly