This Biochemistry and Cell Signaling Pathway of the Mc1r Gene activity & project also includes:
How do mice have so much fur color variation over generations? Scholars illustrate protein structures based on amino acid sequences. Then, they analyze the signaling pathway in different-colored mice populations. This allows them to understand how cell signaling directly affects coat-color signaling.
- Display a large amino acid chart that everyone can see or copy small versions for each student or group
- Relies on prior knowledge of protein structure and function, transcription, translation, cell signaling, ligands, reception, and pathways
- Each pupil needs blue, red, green, and yellow colored pencils
- Includes a full answer key
- Works as an extension to other lessons or as a standalone lesson