This Bio Inspired Design Paper Flowers lesson plan also includes:
Can paper flowers have some of the same properties as real flowers? First, learners investigate how water is absorbed into a flower through capillary action by using real flowers, yarn, and paper. Then, they have an opportunity to create their own bio-inspired flowers that absorbs water by participating in a STEM engineering design task.
- Use as an introduction activity about the properties of water that relate to plant function
- Introduce STEM engineering design practices and collaborative learning using the simple activity
- Requires materials not found in a typical classroom
- Incorporates engineering design practices
- Great project-based learning activity