How do we learn more about the planets in our solar system? Bill Nye discusses the Juno space probe during an interesting video as part of the THNKR Why with Nye! playlist. Topics include how scientists launched the probe, how NASA used Earth's orbit to help Juno reach Jupiter, and what researchers hope to learn about the planet.
- Make the video part of your space exploration unit
- Extend the lesson with a research project where students learn what the Juno space probe discovered about Jupiter
- It would be helpful to review how the gravitational forces of the Earth and the Sun affect objects launched from Earth
- Narrator uses props to help convey the more technical aspects of the mission
- Provides a great example of current technology used in space exploration