This Bike Safety: Grades 9-12 lesson plan also includes:
Here's a sobering stat: more than 300,000 kids go to emergency rooms each year for bike injuries. Two activities help scholars learn how to avoid injuries and follow bike safety rules. Class members read three background articles related to bike safety and injuries and then general a list of dos and don'ts when riding.
- Invite a public safety office to speak with the class about bicycle safety
- Laminate the "Hand Signaling Tips" handout to permit reuse
- Requires computers with internet access
- Includes a comprehension quiz and answer key
- A link to a concussion factsheet if provided for instructors