This Beyond a Two-Party System lesson plan also includes:
Young political scientists go beyond the two-party system and research third-party candidates running in the 2020 US Presidential election. Groups present background information about the candidate, the party's platform points, and a brief history of the party.
- Have groups prepare an infographic for their third-party candidate and post it in the classroom
- Create and post a large matrix that compares all the parties nominees on major party platform points and issues
- Assign one group to research how third party candidates have influenced other elections
- Requires access to computers with internet
- The project may be completed by groups or individuals
- Links are provided to each party's website and Twitter handles