This Bell Ringer: The Power of the Supreme Court to Check the President video also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Youngstown Sheet & Tube Co. v. Sawyer is considered to be one of the Supreme Court's landmark cases because it demonstrated the checks and balances inherent in the three branches of the United States government. A short video sets the stage for a lesson about the power of the Supreme Court to check the power of the president.
- If class members do not have computers with internet access, download, copy and distribute the worksheet
- Have groups research more current cases where the Supreme Court overturned a proposal of the President
- Presumes class members have an understanding of the checks and balances provided by the three branches of government
- Part of the C-Span Bell Ringer series
- Includes links to the complete lesson plan, a follow-up plan, and a worksheet