This Bell Ringer: Due Process and the Miranda Warning instructional video also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Fans of cop shows are aware the the Miranda warning and can probably recite it. Launch a study of the Fifth Amendment and the Supreme Court Case Miranda v. Arizona with a short video designed to generate interest in this landmark Supreme Court case.
- Use the bell ringer video to launch a study of the Fifth Amendment
- Have groups research the cases of "indefinite incarceration" alluded to by Diane Feinstein
- Part of the C-Span Bell Ringer series
- Provides links to a viewing comprehension check, an answer key, and a complete lesson plan
- Video clips are of poor quality: the first speaker is cut off mid-sentence, the second id difficult to understand, and no context is provided for Feinstein's speech