This Becoming a Writer | Little Women instructional video also includes:
- Louisa May Alcott: A Topsy-Turvy Woman?
- Teacher Reference
- Student Reference
- Join to access all included materials
How much of Jo's relationship with her writing is based on Louisa May Alcott's struggle to keep both her artistic integrity and her family finances afloat? Watch a short clip from a longer documentary on the author of Little Women that depicts Louisa and her father arguing about the value of money, livelihoods, and being true to oneself.
13 Views 7 Downloads
- Assign the reading and/or the video as homework the night before a class discussion
- Include in a unit on female writers or during Women's History Month
- Most effective if learners have prior knowledge of Jo's character and the context of Little Women
- Attached materials include student guide and teaching tips for using the video in the classroom
- Includes several options for assigning the video digitally
Start Your Free Trial
Save time and discover engaging curriculum for your classroom. Reviewed and rated by trusted, credentialed teachers.Try It Free