This Be a Problem Solving Star lesson plan also includes:
Reach for the STARs! Using the resource, scholars review the STAR (Stop, Think, Act, Review) method and discuss how to use it to solve a math equation. Next, small groups collaborate to solve a common problem in the classroom using the method.
3 Views 6 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Before teaching the lesson, ask for volunteers to share about a conflict they resolved in their personal lives
- Extend the activity by having students consider ways to use the STAR method in other environments, such as at home
- Serves as the final of four lessons from the Respecting Individual and Group Differences unit
- Includes an essential question, measurable learning objective, and performance goal
- Targets enduring life skills such as tolerance and problem-solving