This Battery Basics lesson plan also includes:
- Lab & Experiment
- Join to access all included materials
In a series of activities, high schoolers research and compare batteries of different chemistries (such as nickel-cadmium), measure current and voltage, and use multimeters and math to compute their capacities. In the end, they try to determine which types of batteries are most appropriate for different uses. Students must be skilled in using Ohm's law, using multimeters, and converting units prior to participating in this lesson.
- Four separate hands-on activities provide extensive experience and understanding of batteries
- Research and lab activities are both included
- A scrollable slide show is provided to help explain materials required, battery test board setup, and more
- Detailed teacher's notes and student lab sheets