This Basically Acidic Ink activity & project also includes:
If you don't want to drink red cabbage juice, here's another use for it—a decoder! Using vinegar and ammonia-based window cleaning liquids as invisible inks, scholars create designs in the second lesson of the series. Red cabbage juice becomes the key to uncovering the designs.
- Have learners write secret messages to each other in invisible ink
- A variety of liquids is necessary, such as red cabbage juice; see materials section for complete list
- Be sure to check district policy before showing video clips of movies
- Provides a list of investigating questions to use with pupils during discussion and activity
- Activity is fun and engaging