This Baseball Players assessment also includes:
Statistics is an important part of baseball. Given the mean weight of players on a baseball team, scholars determine the total weight of the players. They then find the median and range of weights for the opposing team. Lastly, they create a histogram of weights for the entire baseball league.
- Apply the worksheet as a take-home assignment
- Those attempting the task should be able to calculate mean, median, and range
- Knowledge of constructing histograms is necessary
- Includes a rubric with sample responses
- Worksheet provides space to show work
- Not all learners will be familiar with the way the lesson shows the histogram, with labels at the endpoints rather than labels for the intervals