This Base 10 and Scientific Notation lesson plan also includes:
Use a resource on which you can base your activity on base 10 and scientific notation. The second installment of a 35-part module presents scholars with a review of scientific notation. After getting comfortable with scientific notation, learners perform operations using it.
- Have learners research very small and very large numbers and express them in scientific notation
- The opening exercise references the results of the previous lesson
- Internet access is necessary to view videos
- Includes a link to the classic video Powers of Ten
- Teacher resource indicates where in the lesson to look for mathematical practices