This Bank Shot activity & project also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Bank on geometry to line up the shot. The resource asks the class to determine the location to bank a cue ball in a game of billiards. Using their knowledge, class members determine where to hit the bumper to make a shot and discuss their approach with classmates.
- Lead a discussion on how geometry can be beneficial in a variety of games
- Investigate finding bank angles
- The class should be comfortable with similar triangles, transformations, and coordinate geometry
- Discusses different approaches students can take
- Provides reasoning for suggested instructional actions