This Banana Bread Baker activity & project also includes:
You don't want to be short bananas when making bread. Scholars use their math skills to make sure there are enough bananas to go around. Using measurements given in a recipe, they must determine how many bananas they need to increase the recipe to five loaves.
- Incorporate as a collaborative task during a unit on ratios and proportions
- Have learners estimate the volume of a banana before showing the video
- Expects proficiency in writing and solving proportions
- Relates ratios and proportions to a real-life situation
- Leaves the question open-ended to allow for multiple approaches