Treasure your summer memories with a letter to yourself, ten months in the future. Think about the fun and memorable things you did this summer, as well as the things you want to accomplish during this school year, and write a letter than you can read at the end of the year.
- A great first assignment for your second or third graders
- Use the letter to informally assess your kids' writing on the first day of school
- Model writing the letter in class by having kids help you write a letter to yourself at the end of the year
- Prompt is clear and easy to follow
- Provides enough lines for a few paragraphs