This Aware of the Air activity & project also includes:
It's there, even though no one can see it. Scholars create two different-sized parachutes out of shopping bags, then let them fall through the air. They should see that the larger parachute falls more slowly and interpret this to mean that air has molecules that hold up the parachutes.
- Use the experiment as part of a remote learning session
- A few basic materials are necessary; see resource for complete list
- Some knowledge of atoms and molecules is beneficial
- Includes printable instructions
- Gives a brief explanation of the science concepts