How do you count half of a neutron? Solve the mystery of those awkward atomic masses that contain decimals with a video from JFR Science. The narrator shows viewers how to calculate the average atomic mass using the relative abundances of an element's isotopes.
- Ask pupils to hypothesize about the decimals on the periodic table before showing the video
- Have the class practice weighted average calculations after the video
- The resource requires little prior knowledge of the periodic table and is meant for beginning chemistry
- Teachers can pause the video when the narrator poses a question to stimulate a class discussion
- The content is perfect for individual study