This Astronaut Training: Taste activity & project also includes:
Gravity isn't the only thing astronauts lose in space. Learners investigate why astronauts complain about a loss of taste while in space in a hands-on activity. They taste test foods while limiting their other senses and rate each food based on its flavor intensity as well as other characteristics.
- Invite parents and other guests to be the taste testers and collect data from different age groups to compare
- Check for food allergies before beginning the lesson
- Allow time to collect and prepare materials
- Remind pupils of food handling safety precautions
- Includes links to additional resources
- Provides important background information