How does one become an astronaut? Astronaut Joe Acaba discusses his journey to space in a video from the "STEM on Station" series. He encourages learners by explaining how little moments in his life led to his opportunity to explore space and shares how education was important to his family.
- Use as an introduction to space travel
- Have pupils research and explore other astronauts and their backgrounds in a mini-project
- Be sure students have Internet access if assigning the video as homework
- Topic is encouraging and motivating to scholars
- Embedded images are engaging