Groupings are the way to go! The short video provides a description of the associative property of addition and gives an example. Learners view how to write the property using variables.
4 Views 2 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have the class put the associative property in their own words
- Create a flip book with all of the mathematical properties
- Pupils should know about the commutative property of addition
- Uses a counting example to illustrate the concept
- Includes a link to other videos on mathematical properties