Why do some organisms reproduce sexually, others reproduce asexually, and some both? Biology scholars examine the pros and cons of sexual and asexual reproduction through a short, informative video. The resource offers great examples of types of asexual reproduction and compares them with organisms that strictly reproduce sexually.
- Bring a spider plant to class and have pupils examine its cloned offspring
- Follow the video with a short time lapse presentation of a hydra budding
- Ensure learners relate asexual and sexual reproduction to meiosis and mitosis as they video plays
- The opening hook about plant reproduction is interesting and engaging
- Diagrams help make the types of asexual reproduction easy to comprehend