Art and science sometimes go hand in hand. A set of four activities for learners in grades 3-5 teaches engineering concepts as part of art projects. Class members build homemade robots, elastic puppets, musical instruments, and mobiles—all from household items.
- Collaborate with the art department for the activities
- Team up with a music teacher for the Music to Our Ears lesson
- Each activity requires a variety of materials; see the resource for complete lists
- Provides detailed instructions with diagrams and pictures
- Explains the engineering and science connections