Introduce young computer scientists to the field of artificial intelligence with a short video that provides an overview of the three types of IA: narrow intelligence (weak AI), artificial general intelligence (strong AI), and artificial super intelligence. The narrator provides example of each type of AI, as well as warnings about the consequences that may result from developing each type.
- Have class members research current developments in AI and robotics
- Follow the video with a reading of Isaac Asimov's science fiction short story "Runaround" that includes Three Laws of Robotics
- References but does not explain the Turning Test developed by Alan Turing to distinguish human from machine intelligence
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Asks viewers to think carefully about the possible consequence of creating super computers