Build an appreciation of engineering. Pupils in grades 6-8 learn about science and engineering in a set of three engaging activities. They build spinning tops, construct wind structures, and create recycled paper as part of an engaging STEM lesson.
- Develop cross-curricular lessons with the art and science departments
- Requires a variety of household materials
- Knowledge of angular momentum and velocity is beneficial, but not necessary
- Provides a list of discussion questions to ask after the lesson
- Gives some optional activity variations