This Area of a Hexagon instructional video also includes:
A regular hexagon is made of six congruent triangles. A video lesson shows learners how to use this information to find the area of a hexagon given the side length. Because the triangles are equilateral, they use the Pythagorean Theorem to find the height of each triangle and then calculate the area.
- After showing the video, have pupils find the area of the hexagon with a different side length on whiteboards as a quick check for understanding
- Requires Internet access if assigning as homework
- Expects a solid understanding of applying the Pythagorean Theorem
- Lets teachers rewind and rewatch the video to reach understanding
- Includes practice problems to follow the video lesson