This Area Model Introduction interactive also includes:
Provide two views of multiplication. The introduction to an area model application has two modes. One mode shows the area of simple multiplication up to 12 by 12. The second mode shows how area models can be partitioned leading to the distributive property.
- Use the interactive to allow pupils to discover the commutative property of multiplication
- Provide a brief explanation of area models and what they represent
- Requires a sign in to access the video primer
- Provides suggestions for learning objectives
- Includes a place for teacher-submitted activities