This Area and Perimeter lesson plan also includes:
Develop a strategy for finding the area and perimeter of irregular figures. Building on an understanding of finding area and perimeter of rectangles and triangles, learners apply the same concepts to composite figures. After practicing the concept, they apply their strategies to problem-solving situations.
- Have pupils draw the floor plan of the classroom, take measurements, and then find the area of the floor
- Shade the geometric figures after finding the area of each section
- Groups require chart paper and markers to complete the activity
- Connects the concepts to real-life contextual situations
- Includes ideas for journaling and assessment