Helium is a favorite element of young children everywhere! A video lesson from a larger series examines the properties of helium and why they may contribute to its eventual extinction. The lesson also explores possible industrial solutions to maintaining the availability of the element.
- Have pupils explore the properties of additional elements in danger of extinction
- Brainstorm strategies for conserving helium as a class
- Expects an understanding of the patterns of the periodic table
- Provides links to additional videos on similar topics
- Emphasizes scientific vocabulary throughout the lesson