This Arabic Translator - English Arabic Dictionary app also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Translate, practice, look-up, and play games with Arabic vocabulary. If you are searching for just about any word in English or Arabic, you will most likely find it here, accompanied by a translation and an audio clip of the pronunciation.
- Look up words in English and Arabic
- Tap the speaker next to the English word to hear it in English and the Arabic word to hear it in Arabic
- Press and hold a word to view a menu of options (Copy, Define, Search, Pronunciation)
- Note the part of speech and the Arabic spelling of the word
- Some words have a Wiktionary entry attached; tap the piece of paper with the W on it to view the word in other languages
- Add the word to your bookmark list by pressing the plus sign in the top, right corner
- Practice with flashcards made from your bookmarked words
- Try your hand at multiple choice and word guessing games
- Play against another user in the multiplayer game (this is through the GameCenter)
- View game statistics for each game
- Share your results via social networking
- Create a random word list in English or Arabic
- View your bookmarks
- Translate from English to Arabic and Arabic to English
- Send, share, copy, or print your translation
- View a list of saved translations
- Receive a word of the day
- Change the font size
- Clear, export, or import bookmarks
- Find out how to add the Arabic keyboard and more through the About menu
An effective study and reference tool, class members could keep Arabic Dictionary with them as they read and write to look up words and phrases and translate when necessary.
Download the app on your on tablet and use it to introduce and look up new words. When a class member asks you for a translation, all you have to do is type in the word!
Since this is a dictionary that was not designed specifically for use in the classroom, it includes sayings, words, and phrases that are inappropriate for the classroom. Users can search for curse words, drug and alcohol related words, and more. Because of this, it might work best as a teacher tool.
This is a supplementary material and is useful for practice and reference, not for teaching Arabic. Make sure your class members have a grasp of the Arabic alphabet before they use the app.
- The dictionary includes almost any word you could think of, as well as many phrases
- You can practice with built-in flashcards and games
- Each word is paired with a translation and an audio recording of the word spoken by a native Arabic speaker
- There is no safe search option, so users can look up any word
- Some games require the use of the GameCenter and all have share icons for Facebook and Twitter; consider restricting access to these features