This Apollo-Soyuz: Space Age Detente interactive also includes:
The Space Race saw the Soviet Union and the US go from competitors to partners. Scholars read a letter regarding the first docking of the US and Soviet space craft. Young historians also complete a written assignment and participate in group discussion to understand the impact of the event on relations between the US and Soviet Union.
- Compare the cooperation between the US and Soviet Union with the earlier Space Race
- Guide a group discussion on the International Space Shuttle
- A portion of the activity is completed online
- Knowledge of the Cold War and space programs are required to complete the activity
- Resource is great to pair with a lesson the Cold War or the Space Race
- The activity uses primary sources to engage learners