It's been 50 years since astronauts walked on the moon. A lesson from an extensive It's Okay to be Smart discusses how the moon rock helped scientists understand the early solar system. The presenter explains how scientists made their conclusions from these small lunar samples.
- Ask pupils to make a list of discoveries made possible by moon rocks
- Incorporate as an introduction to a lesson on the moon
- Builds on an elementary understanding of the basic structure of the solar system
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- Adds interesting facts throughout the lesson
- Includes a discussion of the history of the study of the moon