Ready to field questions about slope fields? An article on AP® Calculus teaching methods describes how to teach about slope fields to solve differential equations. It gives some sample problems to consider with the class and how to develop an understanding of the connection between slope fields and antiderivatives.
- Use the card match game as part of a review
- Learners should have access to a slope field program on a graphing calculator or be able to input such a program (instructions are given in the resource)
- Pupils must be familiar with differential equations and antiderivatives
- Provides a list of previous AP® exam questions to reference
- Includes handouts for activities
- Gives only a general outline, not an actual lesson plan