This Antebellum Reform unit also includes:
Scholars investigate the Antebellum period in the United States in an engaging lesson. Groups analyze technological, religious, economic, and social changes occurring during the time period prior to the Civil War. Using their new knowledge, they present the reasoning behind the reforms and the issues impacting the nation at that time.
- Assign members of each group to leverage the strengths of each student
- Brainstorm current social changes in America and what forces are driving those changes
- Lesson includes overhead projector and transparencies; adjust for today's technology accordingly
- The eighth lesson of a 22-part series
- Resource provides printable worksheets and materials for classroom use
- Lesson includes teacher answer keys for activities