This Ancient and Medieval Medicine: Crash Course History of Science #9 video also includes:
Medieval medicine is a mash-up of multicultural ideas! How did early doctors learn to do no harm? The ninth video in a 15-part series about the History of Medicine uncovers the fundamental teachings that sparked intense anatomical study throughout Europe and Asia.
- Struggling to keep up with all the names and dates? Add a timeline from the National Institute of Health to the lesson
- Ask the class to keep track of the medical practices that sound odd or quirky as they watch, then discuss them after the video
- Plan to review some of the key points discussed during the video to ensure learners understand the big picture
- The resource helps students understand how people collected and expanded medical knowledge as it passed through different cultures
- Animations provide important details pupils need to comprehend key components of significant medical texts