Just when you thought you had a good grasp of aerobic respiration, in the presence of oxygen, you learn that respiration can occur without oxygen. What?! In the video, learners see how organisms, in the absence of oxygen, can survive using lactic acid fermentation and alcoholic fermentation.
- Place learners in pairs and stop video periodically, using think-pair-share to ask previously scripted questions
- Video assumes class members thoroughly understand aerobic respiration
- This is part one in a series of 37 related videos
- Classroom must have a computer, projection system, and access to the Internet
- If learners don't understand aerobic respiration, video provides a link to another video that explains the process
- Video uses great visuals, making the concepts easier to understand