Simone de Beauvoir is considered one of the first feminist philosophers and her book, The Second Sex, is known as one of the most important treatises on feminism. Introduce young philosophers to Beauvoir's ideas with a short video that uses animation to illustrate her concepts.
- For those who want to find out more about Beauvoir and her writings, suggest The Ethics of Ambiguity about existential ethics, and her novel The Mandarins about post World War II relationships
- Have individuals craft an argumentative essay that considers whether Beauvoir's arguments are valid today
- Show in full-screen mode to avoid the comment section
- A full analysis of Beauvoir's book is available from the publisher's website
- The video uses animation to illustrate Beauvoir's main ideas