In 1996, Samuel Huntington predicted that in a post-Cold War world, the primary source of conflict would be due to cultural and religious differences, rather than ideological ones. Introduce The Clash of Civilizations with a short, animated video that uses a story of a competition between two schools to illustrate Huntington's ideas.
- Have groups investigate current global conflicts to determine whether the basic factors conform with Huntington's theories
- The complete text of the analysis may be accessed from the publisher with the purchase of a subscription or with a trial membership
- Show the video in full screen mode to avoid the comment section
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- The animated tale models how a common ideological goal can unite groups with different cultural values
- The video does not model a conflict based on cultural or religious differences