Are people inherently selfish? A video summary of Richard Dawkins' The Selfish Gene discusses how biology plays a role in selfishness. Part of a larger playlist the summary incorporates graphics and relevant examples to help make the text clearer.
- Challenge scholars to write a response stating whether they agree or disagree with Dawkins' theory
- Compare Dawkins' theory about the selfish gene to other discussions of evolution, such as those presented by Darwin
- Requires a basic understanding of biology, specifically genes
- Uses an analogy of a rowboat and a rower to illustrate how genes connect to selfishness
- Narration features a clear voice and steady pace to make the summary easier to follow
- Pop-up text distracts from the content of the video