If you want to get ahead in business, is it better to foster collaboration between departments, or to allow specialists to work on their own projects? A short video introduces C.K. Prahalad and Gary Hamel's 1990 work, The Core Competence of the Corporation, and specifies the need for technological innovation as well as organization skills to maintain one's competitive edge.
- Encourage individuals, pairs, or small groups to research rival corporations and the differences between their products and advertising campaigns
- Include in a high school economics class or when using the text in a college business class
- Find the full analysis of the text at the publisher's website, where it is available with a paid subscription or trial membership
- Comment section is open to the public
- This video is hosted on YouTube
- Provides a tangible example of two companies designing the most effective car to win a race
- Breaks down a complex theory in an understandable way