Do you believe in magic? Scholars, through the use of a short video clip, investigate the use of magic in the medieval time period as a way to solve problems. They read Keith Thomas' Religion and the Decline of Magic and they analyze how beliefs play an important role in how people solve problems.
- Show a short video clip of a current magician to begin the lesson
- Brainstorm current world issues and unexplained events to tie into the belief in the supernatural
- Requires many sets of headphones as well as laptops
- Resource is excellent for audio and visual learners
- Video provides opportunity for use as a preview or review of lesson
- No worksheet or materials available