Explore the factors that make capitalism work with a short analysis of Karl Marx's Capital. An animated video explains the relationship between labor and capital, and uses a real-world example to illustrate the ways laborers can influence the economy.
- Use during a lesson on Marx or when discussing different economic systems
- Pair with a reading on The Communist Manifesto
- Have learners discuss real-world examples of the capitalist example presented in the video
- You can skip the brief advertisement in the beginning of the video
- Refer to the publisher's website for a full analysis, which is available with a free trial or paid subscription
- Clarifies a complex topic with animation and helpful explanation
- Connects well to world history, government, economics, or literature