What role does intelligence play in a person's life? A playlist about the world's greatest ideas contains a video summary of "The Bell Curve" by Herrnstein and Murray, which summarizes the view that intelligence plays a large role in future success. The video outlines the key argument by pulling out specific claims and offering examples to support those claims.
- Discuss the theory presented in the video with learners, asking them to share whether they agree or disagree with the theory
- Find additional examples of animals that support or disprove the The Bell Curve theory
- Requires an understanding of terms such as IQ and the difference between environmental and genetic factors
- Uses an analogy about giraffes to help illustrate the connection between genetics and intelligence
- Combines illustrations and clear narration to make the video easier to follow
- Directs users to sign up for a paid service to receive more information