The brain is an amazing and complex organ. A video summary of Alan Baddley's Working Memory provides an in-depth look at the brain, particularly how short-term memory works. Visual elements and clear narration help make the text more accessible in the installment of a comprehensive playlist exploring the world's greatest ideas.
- Draw a diagram of the brain and add labels or symbols to help explain the concept of working memory
- Read brief biographies of Baddeley and Hitch before watching the video to understand more about the work they did
- Assumes some knowledge of psychology and theories related to memory
- Takes an academic text and explains it in less technical language
- Uses an analogy to help illustrate a complex concept
- Includes pop-up ads and other information bars that can distract viewers