Abraham Maslow's A Theory of Human Motivation describes the hierarchy of human needs that individuals must meet before they can become self-actualized. A short video analyzes the process with the example of a woman who begins a comedy career in a new town, which requires her to meet her needs before she can become a successful comedian.
- Use in an early childhood education class when discussing the basics of child psychology
- Include in a teen issues or health class to inspire pupils to reflect on their own progress toward self-actualization
- Refer to the publisher's website for a full analysis of the text, which is available with a paid subscription or trial membership
- Comment section is open to the public
- Uses an applicable example to demonstrate the progressive nature of Maslow's hierarchy
- Includes engaging animation