This An Educator's Guide to the Works of Lynda Mullaly Hunt lesson plan also includes:
Middle school years can be tough. An educator's guide for the works of Lynda Mullaly Hunt introduces readers to two texts that discuss the struggles pre-teens face during middle school. Chapter-by-chapter questions and activities for two different texts, Fish in a Tree and One for the Murphys, help readers navigate the novels.
- Have writers keep reading journals and select one question from each section to use as a journal prompt to assess understanding
- Write letters to the author asking questions about the writing process or the books themselves
- Organizes classroom lesson plans into multiple sections, designed to cover a different part of the novel each day
- Includes pre- and post-reading activities
- Provides a Q&A with the author to help learners discover more about the writing process
- Lacks sample answers for the questions in the guide